- The specialist said vertical SaaS for the public transportation sector operates within a “multi-billion transportation operation”.
- They told us the sector is segmented across global cloud-based core platforms such as Optibus, Giro and Trapeze, regional platforms such as Omnibus, IVU and Goal Systems, and point solutions vendors offering best-of-breed planning, scheduling, operations and more.
“[It] is a huge industry that is still very traditional in the way that they are operating. I think there’s a huge opportunity for software companies to really transition and to help to do this digital transformation.”
- We heard public agencies vs privatised transportation organisations are in different stages in IT modernisation and adopting cloud technologies. Europe leads the US in transportation privatisation, according to the specialist.
- Meanwhile, the specialist said privatised transportation managers are farther up on the adoption curve for cloud-based public transportation scheduling, planning and more. Such managers are far likelier to adopt a platform vendor and add value on contracts, the specialist added.
- The specialist estimates currently 70-80% of operations are still being directly operated by agencies, with 20-30% run by third-party operators in North America.
For more human insights on transportation management software, click on the transcript below.
The information used in compiling this document has been obtained by Third Bridge from experts participating in Forum Interviews. Third Bridge does not warrant the accuracy of the information and has not independently verified it. It should not be regarded as a trade recommendation or form the basis of any investment decision.
For any enquiries, please contact email@example.com