Third Bridge was founded on the belief that human insights
drive intelligent investment decisions.
To make the right investment decisions, our clients require
access to the most relevant experts and their insights – we enable this through
private consultations and exclusive content drawn from expert interviews.
Our clients consist of some of the largest private equity
funds, hedge funds, mutual funds and management consulting firms, who are
serviced by a team of over 900 employees located across eight global offices.
Third Bridge operates in a global, multi-billion-dollar market with double digit annual growth and has consistently received accolades for Great Places to Work and the top 100 fastest growing companies.
Technology Function Overview
Our Tech function is scaling rapidly. We have invested
heavily in our infrastructure and technology capability, enabling us to deliver
innovative solutions and deep insight market intelligence to our clients.
Through harnessing the latest tools and technology, we allow the business to
work faster, more intelligently and we are uncovering more and more business
opportunities as a result. We are also continuing to build a word class product
team which will help take Third Bridge to the next level, and beyond. All this
whilst we move from data centres to being fully hosted in AWS.
Our Tech stack is varied and not limited to: React, Node,
Serverless technologies for all new applications and have a large EC2 estate
running our older tech stack. Our test automation environment is based on a
Java stack. Our planning and delivery processes are Agile and loosely based on
a blend of Scrum and Kanban.
We aim to hire talented, creative and versatile people that
help us grow and make our technology better and faster. We promote language and
framework agnostic approach, best practices in architecture and design, devops
culture, autonomous and empowered teams, in a collaborative environment.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Software Development Engineer to the Connections Engineering team . The successful candidate will work closely with our technical leads, technical program
managers and product owners, contributing to the design, development and
integration of a variety of technology solutions.
At Third Bridge, we build applications and services for both
internal and external users: for internal users (our colleagues), we develop
tools to help them with their daily work. This includes project and workflow
management, communication, compliance, information search, facilitation of
connection between clients and experts, knowledge capture and management
etc. For our clients, we build services to enable them to access and
make use of the content we produce and the expertise we share, supporting them
throughout their investment cycles.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the design, implementation, and deployment of software components that solve complex problems generating positive feedback
- Delivery of consistently high quality of work that the team trusts
- Influencing your team’s technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to team priorities and approach
- Making suggestions on improvements to your team’s development and testing practices
- Maintaining strong working relationships with teammates and peers, including recognising discordant views and taking part in constructive dialogue to reconcile into cohesive solutions
- Mentor/train colleagues on how your team’s software is constructed, how it operates, how secure it is, and how it fits into the bigger picture
- Have proven experience of working extensively with Node.js
- Have significant software engineering experience, understanding SOLID design principles, design patterns and the foundations of application development
- Commercial experience with AWS cloud environments (IaaS, PaaS and FaaS/Serverless), microservices, Docker/containerisation
- Experience of leveraging CI/CD, TDD/BDD, automation and other contemporary development practices to deliver quality work efficiently to environments
- You can demonstrate technical influence over 1-2 teams, either via a collaborative software effort or by increasing their productivity and effectiveness by driving software engineering best practice
- Demonstrable experience of working in multidisciplinary agile teams using Kanban, Scrum and other agile practices
- Experienced in delivering scalable, maintainable and secure solutions that optimises resourcing levels, timescales and quality
- You have led the design, implementation, and delivery of successful large-scale, critical and/or highly complex software or software effort involving significant work
- You have taken the lead in identifying and solving ambiguous problems, architectural deficiencies, or areas where your team’s software bottlenecks the innovation of other teams
- Demonstrable experience in influencing others towards agreed solutions that balances different perspectives and technical tradeoffs, eg, build versus integrate versus buy
- The ability to make informed decisions on the applicability of approaches and patterns to different problems
- You are able to communicate your ideas effectively to achieve the right outcome for your team and customer. You harmonise discordant views and lead the resolution of contentious issues (build consensus)
- Experience with PHP 7.x and PHP frameworks such as Symfony or Zend
- Experience of NoSQL databases
- Hold a Computer Science or equivalent degree