Third Bridge was founded on the belief that human insights drive intelligent investment decisions.
To make the right investment decisions, our clients require access to the most relevant experts and their insights – we enable this through private consultations and exclusive content drawn from expert interviews.
Our clients consist of some of the largest private equity funds, hedge funds, mutual funds and management consulting firms, who are serviced by a team of over 900 employees located across eight global offices.
Third Bridge operates in a global, multi-billion-dollar market with double digit annual growth and has consistently received accolades for Great Places to Work and the top 100 fastest growing companies.
We are recruiting a driven Associate Sub-editor to support the growth of our Shanghai Forum team.
Third Bridge Forum is a content product that helps investors make better investment decisions faster. We conduct in-depth Interviews with senior executives and industry specialists to unearth critical insights and generate unfiltered transcripts. Our 100-strong industry-aligned Forum team covers over 6,000 public and private companies, applying data-driven factor models to identify where capital is most likely to be deployed. Our library of over 25,000 Interview transcripts is continually strengthened by the generation of approximately 7,000 transcripts per year.
The Associate Sub-editor contributes to pre-interview preparations, collaborating with Researchers and Analysts on Interview agendas and marketing materials, and post-interview content production by liaising with our third-party transcription and translation provider. The Associate Sub-editor is responsible for proofreading and editing Mandarin transcripts and English translations to ensure we deliver high-quality editorial content to our institutional investment clients.
We expect our candidates to have a high level of cultural sensitivity and proficiency in Chinese/English translation to join our dynamic and entrepreneurial team, which includes Sub-editors from Graduate Institute of Interpretation and Translation (GIIT) of Shanghai International Studies University and Graduate School of Translation and Interpretation (GSTI) of Beijing Foreign Studies University.
- Write, edit and translate Interview marketing materials; Proofread and edit Interview transcripts and translations, ensuring consistent adherence to Third Bridge’s Style Guide, readability, accuracy and translatability (for Mandarin transcripts)
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to resolve content-related issues with relevant stakeholders, including Interviewers, Research, Compliance and Operations teams, and proactively communicate with Sub-editing peers based in Shanghai, London and New York
- Manage third-party transcription and translation partners, supervising project delivery and turnaround; Escalate transcription and translation errors and Style Guide misalignments to enhance product quality
- Contribute to the assessment of internal Style Guide and other standardised team assets and process updates
What You Will Gain from This Position
- Exposure to content spanning diverse industries and topics in China and worldwide, from entertainment, retail and education to semiconductors, pharmaceuticals and industry, as well as themes from ESG to macroeconomic updates
- Access to first-hand insights from industry experts, ranging from C-level executives at multinational corporations to employees of local start-ups
- Essential proofreading and editing skills that facilitate and improve content quality according to the content’s audience and purpose
- Experience in managing a large-scale content product in cooperation with global departments to deliver high-quality content in a fast-paced environment
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- A high level of proficiency in Chinese/English translation
- Outstanding grasp of editorial and grammatical principles
- Highly developed attention to detail and research skills
- A self-starter who works well independently and can manage their time and prioritise effectively, while maintaining a positive, “can-do” attitude
- Able to deliver strong results to strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to communicate effectively and collaborate diplomatically with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrable interest in content that covers various sectors and financial markets
Please send your CV, a cover letter and sample writing and/or translation works to firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the country they are applying
We know that to be truly innovative, we need to have a diverse team around us. That is why Third Bridge is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you are not 100% sure if you are right for the role, please apply anyway and we will be happy to consider your application.