Third Bridge was founded on the belief that human insights drive intelligent investment decisions.
To make the right investment decisions, our clients require access to the most relevant experts and their insights – we enable this through private consultations and exclusive content drawn from expert interviews.
Our clients consist of some of the largest private equity funds, hedge funds, mutual funds and management consulting firms, who are serviced by a team of over 900 employees located across eight global offices.
Third Bridge operates in a global, multi-billion-dollar market with double digit annual growth and has consistently received accolades for Great Places to Work and the top 100 fastest growing companies.
The Global Commercial Strategy & Operations function is dedicated to enhancing our sales effectiveness through best practice adoption, operational excellence and team enablement. As a key partner to the leader of the function, you will help to not only build new capabilities from the ground up but also enable a world-class sales and account management organization that fuels the rapid growth and global scale of Third Bridge. This will be done through a host of large-scale initiatives as well as ongoing management of communications, technology enablement and commercial training programs.
This position is a global role and has the option to be in our NYC office or remotely within the US.
The primary objective for the Vice President, Commercial Enablement is to ensure that all commercial team members have the required knowledge, content, skills, processes and behaviors to optimize their daily work and achieve commercial outcomes. This individual is responsible for directly and independently managing several initiatives and ongoing programs, including but not limited to:
- Leading the development of a holistic training program and the associated training content to grow the knowledge base, core skills and operational effectiveness of our commercial team members
- Driving adoption of best practice approaches via the creation of user guides, playbooks, tools, templates and training materials for our global sales and account management teams
- Leading point-in-time and ongoing communication and enablement programs to build awareness and adoption of commercial excellence initiatives, such as technology improvements, new processes and operational changes
- Partnering with commercial and cross-functional stakeholders to identify, understand and address short- and long-term enablement needs of the commercial organization
- Steward the development and delivery of a global Commercial Academy training program
- Develop, implement and ensure delivery of a new Commercial Academy Training program that is aligned to our talent management framework and supports the overall learning journey of our commercial team members from on-boarding through promotion into the next role
- Develop training content that is truly world-class, pushing conventional wisdom and inspiring our commercial talent to perpetually improve skills, capabilities and knowledge
- Deliver training and coaching sessions on topics such as running a sales call effectively, objection handling, needs diagnosis, etc., leveraging a deep knowledge of our sales process, effective sales techniques and the client buying process
- Design a development program for frontline managers to ensure they have the skills, knowledge, processes, and tools required to lead their sales teams effectively
- Manage the Global Enablement Program to increase staff knowledge and effectiveness
- Develop, update and evolve over time a library of enablement materials such as playbooks, technology user guides, policies, training documents and a central Commercial Resource Center portal for information dissemination
- Lead enablement efforts (workshops, group training sessions and 1:1 coaching) to build awareness and drive adoption of enablement tools, selling methodologies and operational processes in day-to-day work
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders, functional leaders and others to launch, enable teams and drive adoption of all new initiatives
- Measure the effectiveness and impact of learning initiatives to drive continuous improvement and the ongoing evolution of our program to keep ahead of market changes and competitive pressures
Stakeholder Management and Communications
- Serve as a central contact to coordinate communications, trainings, product releases and workflow changes within the commercial organization and with functional key partners; manage overall commercial calendar
- Manage collection and regular dissemination of cross-functional updates for the global commercial teams across multiple channels, including Slack, bi-weekly newsletters, etc.
- Actively partner with the commercial leaders to assess learning and skill gaps, build plans to fill the gaps and track success to continuously innovate enablement practices
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with cross-functional and commercial stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Serve as a “voice of the commercial team” in cross-functional meetings and projects
The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of being a key contributor to a best-in-class sales operations, effectiveness or enablement function in a high-growth B2B company. He/she will be a hands-on leader who moves easily from strategic/conceptual to tactical/operational issues and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves as required. The candidate should be a strong influence manager, collaborator and driver of change.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
7+ years’ experience in a sales and/or account management enablement or training function/role in a B2B environment with a minimum of 3+ years of independent development and management of key training initiatives
Proven track-record in directly enabling the success of a high performing commercial function through deployment of local, regional and global programs
Deep understanding of sales organization methodologies (knowledge of Challenger is preferred), technologies (Salesforce.com is required, SalesLoft or similar technology is preferred) and metrics
Ability to effectively diagnose and build plans to address specific needs, opportunities, and challenges facing sales and account management teams
Demonstrated ability to interpret, structure, convey and deliver concepts to key stakeholders in a clear, actionable manner
Excellent written and oral communication skills with a keen ability to influence and inspire others
Strong commercial and general business acumen
Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
“Hands-on" work style. Do-what-it-takes attitude. Not afraid to roll up sleeves
Thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment. Comfortable with operating in and through ambiguity
High sense of urgency and personal accountability; a self-starter
Future occasional travel globally will be required
The successful candidate must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the country they are applying
We know that to be truly innovative, we need to have a diverse team around us. That is why Third Bridge is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you are not 100% sure if you are right for the role, please apply anyway and we will be happy to consider your application.