- Third Bridge was founded on the belief that human insights drive intelligent investment decisions.
- To make the right investment decisions, our clients require access to the most relevant experts and their insights. We enable this through private consultations and exclusive content drawn from expert interviews.
- Our clients include some of the largest private equity funds, hedge funds, mutual funds and management consulting firms, who are serviced by a team of over 1,200 employees located across our seven global offices.
- Third Bridge operates in a global, multi-billion-dollar market with double-digit annual growth and has consistently received accolades for Great Places to Work and the top 100 fastest growing companies.
- We are recruiting a driven Associate Sub-editor to support the growth of our Shanghai Forum team.
- Third Bridge Forum is a content product and a leading edge provider of independent market expertise and critical intelligence to the global investment community.
- We conduct in-depth Interviews with senior executives and industry specialists to unearth critical insights and generate unfiltered transcripts. Our 200-strong industry-aligned Forum team covers over 10,000 public and private companies, applying data-driven factor models to acquire the knowledge and perspective that our clients care about. Our library of over 30,000 Interview transcripts is continually strengthened by the generation of approximately 8,500 transcripts per year.
- The Associate Sub-editor contributes to pre-interview preparations, collaborating with Sector Analysts on Interview agendas and marketing materials, and post-interview content production by liaising with our third-party transcription and translation providers.
- The Associate Sub-editor is responsible for proofreading and editing Mandarin transcripts and English translations to ensure we deliver high-quality editorial content to our institutional investment clients, and provide feedback to the vendors for continuous improvement. The Associate Sub-editor also assists Senior Sub-editors and Sub-editing Manager in the assessment of internal Style Guide and process updates, as well as vendor quality evaluations.
- We expect our candidates to have a high level of cultural sensitivity and proficiency in Chinese/English translation to join our dynamic and entrepreneurial team, which includes Sub-editors from Graduate Institute of Interpretation and Translation (GIIT) of Shanghai International Studies University and Graduate School of Translation and Interpretation (GSTI) of Beijing Foreign Studies University.
- Write, edit and translate Interview marketing materials
- Proofread and edit Mandarin Interview transcripts, ensuring consistent adherence to Third Bridge’s Style Guide, readability, accuracy and translatability; detect inconsistent audio-to-text transcription, and correct transcription errors via research and cross-check
- Proofread and edit Interview translations (English as target language), ensuring consistent adherence to Third Bridge’s Style Guide, readability and accuracy; deliver high-quality proofreading work in grammar, formatting, word choice, syntax and appropriate tones
- Be reactive to content and turnaround coverage to strict daily deadlines
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to resolve content-related issues with relevant stakeholders, including Interviewers (Sector Analysts), Research, Compliance and Operations teams, to ensure all content is of the highest standard
- Resolve content-related issues collaboratively with relevant stakeholders, proactively communicating with Sub-editing peers based in London
- Manage third-party transcription and translation partners, supervising project delivery and turnaround; Escalate transcription and translation errors and Style Guide misalignments to enhance product quality
- Contribute to the assessment of internal Style Guide and other standardized team assets, such as internal glossary, and process updates
- Keep up to date with the latest industry-related topics by studying internal and external sources
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or above in language studies (preferably translation), journalism, business and finance, or other related fields
- At least one year of proven work experience as editor, translator, proofreader, copy writer or similar roles
- An ideal candidate has project experience and specialized knowledge in one or more sectors below:
- consumer and retail (e.g. e-commerce, apparel and textile, foods and beverages, cosmetics and other consumer goods)
- industrial, manufacturing and energy (e.g. semiconductors, automobiles and robotics)
- Or other sectors
- A high level of proficiency in Mandarin/English translation
- Outstanding grasp of editorial and grammatical principles
- Highly developed attention to detail and research skills
- A self-starter who works well independently and can manage their time and priorities effectively, while maintaining a positive, “can-do” attitude
- Able to deliver strong results to strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to communicate effectively and collaborate diplomatically with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrable interest in content that covers various sectors and financial markets
Why Work for Us?
- Hybrid working (remote/in-office based on eligibility)
- Private medical insurance
- Generous annual personal development budget
- 15 days of annual leave plus 2 additional personal leave days, rising after 2 years of service
- Charitable service leave - 2 days/year
- Free mental health and well-being sessions
- Quarterly social events
- Mentorship programme
- Employee affinity groups including: ESG, Environment, Mental Health, Diversity & Inclusion and Women at Third Bridge